Tuesday, July 10, 2007

i've been really silent and changhow i'm not dead yet k! joy, life been great though thr's ups and downs, and baolong. alright, i'll link you! :)

guess what am i doing now?

*hint* *hint*
the aroma of chicken boiling,
the mess on the floor, newspaper in fact, stacks of them,
the stillness,
the crikets.

*answers*
i'm finding articles (zzzz), cooking, blogging, thinking in the middle of the night!

almost fell asleep finding articles thus i alternate b/w these to keep myself awake. ha!

*update* *update*
many things have happened over the short span of 1 mth. projects, meetings, plannings, humbling, learning, gatherings, friends...

one vivid incident was planning for intercessors united. i really had no idea what to do. knowing my procastinating nature, i forced myself to sit down and start planning one and a half weeks before, i think and think and prayed and think and think... though points came out but yet nothing flows. it goes on for that one whole week until someone graciously lend me this book- Growing deep in God by Edmund Chan. though at the back of my mind i know prayer is important but i never realise my attitude towards this whole planning. if i were to illustrate in a prayer it would goes like this, "God, please help me, i'm stuck! (though i know that i can do it and think of something if there's more time)"

Here is what was written in the book- In the parable in Like 11:5-8, Jesus has a fascinating way of depositing a kernel of spiritual truth within the story. The posture of spiritual porverty, the essential key to prayer, is alluded in Luke 11:6:"...for the friend of mine has come to me from a journey, and I have nothing to set before him." These three words speak deeply to my heart:" I have nothing". Until we are desperate that we have nothing, prayer will remain incidental or , at best, supplemental in our lives- but it will never fundamental. Only when we truly know that "we have nothing" does prayer takes meaning and power"

Though i may seem humble in many ways yet in many ways i thought i can be self-sufficient, often forgetting the fact that the one who gave me breathe is still God, himself. Without God, my world will stop. Honestly, i guess prayer is only supplementary in my life though he has shown me great things accomplished by the power of prayer.

I spent 2 days praying and honoring Him first and slept with peace knowing that all is in His hands. when i woke up again, i wasn't stuck anymore. thoughts just flowed. suddenly i felt so superficial in my knowledge of the God, of the bible and of prayer. i felt that there's so much to learn!

anyway, generally, projects, meetings and gatherings have been really fun! i do really enjoy people! It has been so funnyly fun! as much as i love the joy of a group, i open up more with a one-to-one companion (someone that i feel comfortable to talk to though). I thank God for people who are willing to take the time and walk the extra mile just to talk. Thank you Da Wan Lin & Jason for sending me to the bus stop. Thank You Si yun for all your care and concerns and for waiting, Thank you Jane for accompanying me to draw money today and being asked, "where is the toilet" (hahaha!), thank you Jolin for the wonderful 969 and MRT rides and the walk to school! I thank God too for people who show little gestures of love. Thanks Li Ting for your kisses, Michelle for your book, Shiqi for your keychain, pencil box, and hp strap! Thanks huiping for inviting me to your wedding (congratulations!), Darina for your highlighter and book, Changhow for asking me to run, Thank you binghao for your card, Mylene for your book and your card that so touches my heart, Thanks for loving me, Thanks Christine for your encouragement... I guess there's still many more. Thanks everyone! You are a joy in my life! THANK GOD FOR YOU! :)

No comments: