Tuesday, October 09, 2007

OT posting



It was an eye opener. Well, the pic above wasnt exactly taken by me. It was searched from the net. Do resembles OT in some sense though. Anyway, didn't too like the thought of surgeons cutting up ppl & seeing all the gross bloody stuff when I first went there. It was later mid-way through the posting where I met nice scrub nurses & surgeons who were willing to share their knowledge & experiences. How hard it was, I later realised, learning all the instruments. My jaw dropped when I saw how the scub nurses passes the instruments so swiftly and accurately without the surgeon opening his mouth. It surely requires the scrub nurse to be far-sighted, focused, alert, clear-minded and procedures must always be at her finger tip. On the other hand, I was in awe of the surgeon's vast knowledge of the human anatomy. He has got to be precise, accurate and clear of what he's doing. One wrong move could be fatal. "This is the internal jugular vein... and here's the ... muscle..." he went, teaching the interested, young surgeon. It was then I was so much more in awe of God who created us from the dust of the ground to be so wonderfully complex. Psalms 139:14 suddenly seemed so real & alive to me! :)

Psalms 139:13-18



13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
16 You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
before a single day had passed.



17 How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.
They cannot be numbered!
18 I can’t even count them;
they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up,
you are still with me!

No comments: