Monday, April 28, 2014

选择 (Choice)

I was watching star awards earlier on and heard this Chinese song called 选择.
This is part of the lyrics that I really liked.
 
我一定会爱你到地久到天长
我一定会陪你到海枯到石烂
就算回到从前这仍是我唯一决定
我选择了你, 你选择了我
这是我们的选择
 
I would love you to be a long time to everlasting
  I will accompany you to the sea to dry rotten stone
Even back in time this is still my only decision
  I chose you, you chose me
This is our choice
 
A beautiful love song that talks about commitment to love each other because they have made the CHOICE to do so. And I thought how true it is. True love is more than a fleeting feeling. It is about being COMMITTED TO THE CHOICE that you've made.

"True love is about commitment. It is valuing the total person, not just the part where it feels good at the moment. It is an unconditional commitment to an imperfect person. It is a decision, a judgement and a promise" -Author unknown

No comments: