Monday, July 24, 2006

excited!!!

excited!!!

I'm just back home from gen12ii thanksgiving and immediately i wanna blog this. ok. today was fine, started out with attachment early in the morning, being bombarded with lotsa info... then went to meet su yi. then went to gen12ii thanksgiving . (in case u do not know what gen12ii is. it is actually a verse from genesis 12:2, "... and I will bless you;... and you will be a blessing." so we are blessed to be a blessing to others. i went to charis student care centre for this gen12ii project. it was an amazing experience. could really see how God worked & more imptly His love for the kids- www.charisteam.blogspot.com)

k back to the topic. for some reason or other, jus feel tired. not that attachment is tiring but rather, i think its bcos i slept late, and was pretty much affected by certain things... hmmmm. or prob bcos i tried too hard to be encouraging and nice to others with my own strength (instead of God) and i jus felt so tired. to add to that, today's mrt was fully packed and there was a great human jam at the station due to some technical error in the northeast line. 2 of the girls were left behind cos it was too crowded. then, we reached there. we were like on the dot and i couldn't sit with my team too cos there wasn't enough space. also felt that i should met up with my team earlier so we could sit together. felt lousy. i think if its klem, he will surely gather the grp 1st then go as a team... anw, i ended up sitting on the 2nd storey. even as i was seated there, my eagerness of looking forward to this event jus kept decreasing minute by minute... even though i was quite excited abt it 2 or 3 weeks before... but now was like sian-half kinda feeling...

then we had praise and worship. praise was great. could see that they practise alot. and the music was really good. then we enter into a time of worship... as we were worshipping God, suddenly, there was a loud "POMP!!!" from the left side. at the corner of my eye, i saw a glimspe of light and then total darkness. everything went off. no projector(no lyrics), no vocalist, no keyboardist, no bassist, no mike... nothing except pure voices with faint guitar and drums. despite the disruptions, the congregations voices continued. 1st thing that came to my mind, "the system must have burst" then, "thank God no one was hurt". I was really wondering what's wrong today, 1st the mrt thing, now this... did i sinned agaisnt God or is my worship not pleasing to Him? the rest continued to sing in the midst of my thoughts, "How marvelous, how wonderful, and my song shall ever be... how marvelous, how wonderful is my Savior's love for me..."

i rem during my mission trip in thai, there was a particular day that went totally wrong. people began to fall sick and villagers start complaing, etc. but after much prayer, the day's salvation was more than the rest of the other days. i rem my leader told me even as God has planned sth wonderful, satan will always tries to stop it frm happening... but if our God is for us then who can be agaisnt us?

suddenly i do not want to care so much, i just want to be focus on God, to truly worship Him... this time i sang, genuinely to God, "How marvelous, how wonderful, and my song shall ever be... how marvelous, how wonderful is my Savior's love for me..." even as i sang, tears began to flow as i come to realise how true the lyrics are... this was the best worship i had! without the music, my heart was all that i could give to Him and that is all that He wants... without the music, my focus will be on Him only... without the music, it is in His prescence, in His stillness that i can truely sense Him. I begin to realise how superficial my praise and worship has turned into over time... becoming more routine and often distracted by other things that is less impt like how the guitarist strum the guitar, how they move on stage, their voice, coordination, groove, how my own voive sounded... etc.

But God can often turn the worst situation into the best! God can often turn my cold and hardened heart into a soft one. I really thank God for this wonderful experience that i can truly regain my strength, my focus and direction. it was an awesome experience! I thank God bcos He always touch my heart in the most unexpected way! And its always so comforting... I believe if it was not for tonight, soon my bible reading, praise and worship and prayers would soon become a routine reather than what's in my heart...

I learnt sth tonight from God tonight... Man can have their own plans, their own dreams and they can work hard and practise hard for it... Eg. the band practising hard for their song. But when sth unexpectected comes which is not within out control, Eg. bursting of the PA system, often man will not know what to do. But if we leave our plans in God's hands, like what the worship leader did, it turned out to be the best worship! Now i can really understand Prov 16:3, "Commits your works to the Lord and your thoughts will be established."

The amazing thing is that during the sharing of the testimony time, everything went back- lights went on, mike working... and quickly they tested the portable projector and everything's back to normal. and we got to hear how great God has been in this gen12ii project through different participant. It is indeed amazing!

I'm still full of excitement even at this hour!!! :)

No comments: