Monday, July 17, 2006

To James & all those whoose facing the same situation,

man
fails
God
never

Church is a place with people (man). People (man) of God. Wait. Not everyone who attends church is a man of God. Not everyone who attends church is a christian. Not everyone who calls themselves christian are really christians. Going to church doesn't makes you a christian and reading the bible doesn't makes you a christian too. A christian is not about religon or rituals. It is about the relationship with God. The closer you are with Him, the more you want to hear His word and worship Him (going to church), the more you want to talk to Him (pray), the more you want to read His word (the bible) and soon, you'll be more like Him, His ways, values (e.g, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control), character (e.g, God is love) and everything. You began to take interest in what He's interested (e.g, people) It's like having a best friend, and how do you get a best friend in the first place? First, you have to accept him (he must also accept you) and then spend more time together, knowing him, isn't it?

I have a super best friend from my sec sch. Her name is Zhen Wen. I'll tell her anything, everything under the sun, the one I feel comfortable to talk to. We used to be in the same CCA. I'm eager to meet her in school and when my eyes finally met hers one day, I'm elated. I'd tell Jolin (my classmate, not the singer) a whole lot about her. She likes Lin Jun Jie. She's cool and I like the S&K bag she's carrying now. Subconciously, I find myself admiring JJ after she brought me to a JJ party. Then one day, Jolin commeneted that I look cool. haha. That comment reminded me of her. Best friends tend to dress alike. haha. hmmm. Anyway, she knows me and I know her. Of course, there's a period of time I felt that I'm closer to my classmates than her cos we didn't spend time with each other. But just recently, we caught up and whoooo... we can talk on the phone for hours, like how we used to! haha...

Yup. As I've said, man fails, God never. Even in church, don't expect people (man) to be perfect. It's natural to feel sad/disheartened when people are not what you expect them to be. What might come? Hatred, anger? Yes, naturally. But, why do we want to be if we know the value of putting God first rather than man? Filling yourself with hatred only disrupts the fellowship with God. Let God be your super super best friend! Always put your faith and trust in God. Build that relationship with Him and pray! Soon, forgiving will be much easier. Remember W.W.J.D. What Would Jesus Do if He's in your situation? I'm sure He would continue to love them and pray for them. Prayer is trusting, acknowledging that only God can. He's in control, He knows, He sees, He understands. Take heart!

Read Psalms 91. His promises, it's for you. You may still have 101 questions the bible can't answer yet. As Ecc 3 says there's a time for everything. He will answer in time according to His will. Persevere and keep praying! :)

No comments: