Friday, October 27, 2006

Love iis the Greatest

If i could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didnt love others. I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If i had the gift of prophecy, and if i understood all of God's secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if i had such faith that i could move mountains, but didnt love others, i would be nothing. If i gave everything i have to the poor and even sacrified my body, i could have boast about it, but if i didnt love others, i would have gained nothing. [1cor 1-3]

Really love this verse taken from NLT version

-Copied & pasted from Angie's blog-

Haha. i love this verse too. I think love is the greatest. U could give a thousand presents, a million nice, sweet sounding words, a billion helping hands, a trillion listening ear but w/o love... it is nth... it bcomes jus an act. But if all that u gave is only words, a small gift, a little note or jus simply a hug but it came with so much love & so much sincerity... even the smallest gift to others could meant the biggest to u! Just like how margie gave me a small bear, though i've always thought tt bear is an impractical present... but i truly treasured it cos i felt tt love & sincerity so much. It changed my views, my perspective totally to buy a bear as a gift... i'm amazed by the change in me... now, i'd digged out all my previous beary presents to look & appreciate & just to love them. i'm jus so thankful for whatever things that comes along my way cos i believe tt it was out of love tt ppl gave bcos i'm not some big person who ppl needs to curry favor... ur results/promotions/salary r not in my hands... haha. so i can b assured of ur sincerity. Haha. Nah... Jus joking la.
Some ppl show LOVE thru gifts,
Some, show LOVE thru actions,
Some, show LOVE thru words.
I'd appreciate them all cos it was out of LOVE that u GAVE.
Anw, I jus wanna say a BIG THANK U to those who've loved me... It's not the gift itself but really the love that comes along with it...

THANKS SO MUCH!!! :)

In Christ Love,
Sharon Yu

No comments: