Friday, December 12, 2008

After attending Dr Dennis Seow's talk on Dementia, I finally know that I can connect to people having Alzheimer's disease as well! I'm quite elated! Well, all these while, I always feel that I couldnt connect to them and couldnt do much in their lives except cleaning, feeding and preserving their lives as long as possible. I've quite given up hope that they even know what I'm doing- loving them and taking care of them. They always seemed to be in their own world... not until I saw how a severely demented old lady responded to genuine love- someone who's willing to get into their world and be connected to them. It's just so... inspiring.

Thank God for ans my prayers- for teaching me how to love this grp of ppl. May I continue to learn how to love people as much as you loved them, no matter how different they are from me and how difficult it is for me to understand their actions.

Jesus loves me this I know, for the bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong, they are weak but He is strong. Yes, Jesus loves me, Yes, Jesus loves me, Yes Jesus loves me, for the bible tells me so!

He's got the whole world in His hands!

No comments: