Wednesday, April 23, 2008

its been a fun day today!
enjoyed playing games with freshmen! So full of enthusiasm!
i was once like them too but i wasnt enthu at all.
but today i was quite ENTHU!!
HAHA. well, God has His divine plan and purpose for me to be there ba.
A few days ago I was reflecting and I jus praise God for all that He has done in my life.

I remembered in year one, I was like any other freshmen, feeling quite excited about poly life. I wanted to study hard and join a fun CCA. I was a Sunday Christian then too, who was only satisfied by my church attendance. I never thought of being in campus crusade, never thought that I could have great faith, never thought that I can have such intimacy with God, never even thought that God could use me. During clubcrawl, I signed up for many CCAs except campus crusade. However, someone by the name of serena called me and invited me for campus crusade welcome tea. Then, I remembered I filled in a survey form outside macdonalds. Though I wasn’t very keen cos none of my clique are Christians but I decided to jus take a look. Well, the welcome tea wasn’t very fun. I thought it was quite boring. Since then, I didn’t go for their weekly meetings. But thank God, I was still connected to campus crusade thru serena, who bcame my bible study grp leader. Her sincerity was what attracted me to her. She was more than a bible study grp leader but also like a friend to me. A friend that is genuine and real in sharing her life with you, a friend that is patiently listening when you talk to her. A friend that will pray for you and encourage you. So, about December that year, she informed me about a camp called the metamorphosis and encouraged me to go. I didn’t really wanted to go cos I am not realy close to the ppl in campus crusade except serena who wasn’t going then. To cut the long story short, by God’s divine plan, I was there at the camp. After the camp, two perspective changed. One, crusade was no longer a boring CCA but a fun and enriching one. God used the camp to be real and intimate with me again. Two, I can be someone who truly follows Jesus and impact people around me, especially in NYP whom I spent most of my time in. I was particularly encouraged by one crusader from SP who shared how God used him to intercede and lead his classmates to Christ. About 3 months later, I went for a mission trip. My faith was stretched as I trust Him for things beyond myself. My confidence in Him grew as I experienced Him as a God who supply all my needs, who loved me for who I am, who time and again pick me up when I fall, and also someone who can use me despite my weaknesses. From then on, I am able to trust God with more and more things, knowing that He is able to do all things. About the end of year 2, God led me to minister in ppl's life, leading someone out of depression. Today, I am convinced by God that I am a child of light in this crooked and perverse generation among whom I can shine like stars simply because of all the experiences that God brought me through of knowing Him and His love for me and every single person on this earth. As I grow closer to God, I know that He wants to love people like how Christ loved me. Hurting people, lost people, people who are despised and rejects of the world. God loved them all. I thank God for campus crusade for He has used a big part of their labor to transform me. :)

No comments: